Please read the following sections concerning applicable legal matters.
There are certain legal structures which we have to observe in order to broadcast live, archive and make downloads possible. When we agree with the organisers to go ahead with a webcast, then the organiser and the contributors will have to sign a legal document with us, outlining the following:
1. That the undersigned have agreed to be broadcast live and to have their contribution made available for download.
2. That they have agreed to having their contribution placed in the archive for free access over the Internet.
3. That their contributions will not be criminal, sexist, racist or unethical
4. That the recording rights remain with the Backdoor Broadcasting Company.
5. That they can, if desired, remove their contribution from the archive upon a written request.
6. That they agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Licence .
Legal details can be reviewed at the links below
or downloaded HERE
Some of the issues surrounding recording and broadcasting are legally very complex, and as we wish to operate legally and without copyright infringements, our legal documents, which organisers and contributors sign before broadcasts, state that:
the content of the contribution is the author’s and that
the recording thereof belongs to the Backdoor Broadcasting Company.
Should at any future date third parties want to purchase/use archival material, we will inform the contributors.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INTERNET, OR FOR THE STABLILITY OF INTERNET CONNECTIONS.
While we try our best to ensure that nothing will interrupt the audio stream, we cannot guarantee this, as this is beyond out abilities. We have extremely reliable ISPs, and much backup technology, but we cannot safeguard against unknown technical breakdown.
All archival material is here with the permission of the contributors. Should a contributor feel unhappy with their contribution or recording, or simply do not want the contribution to be in the public domain, we will of course remove it. Please email us